I'm very good at beginning things. Actually, scratch that. Considering my past several NaNos and various writings, I'm good at planning things I'm going to begin, I'm just terrible at starting them. I'm worse at finishing them. I'm fairly decent at the middle section. After getting it started for a while, I usually do okay. The tricky part is being consistent in my beginning efforts.
Anyway, that's a very long and complicated way of saying "Yeah, I've tried starting several blogs on blogger already, but haven't been good at developing them. At all. Oops."
But I went to Chris Guillebeau's Unconventional Book Tour today, and got really inspired to start blogging again (or rather, start really blogging period). I think what threw me off before was the feeling that I had to pick a handful of interests and really focus on those. As a Scanner at heart (as wonderfully described in Barbara Sher's Refuse to Choose!), I have a lot of interests. And they change constantly. (But I think I'm mostly the Scanner-type that Sher calls the Sibyl, which means I eventually cycle back to a good number of those interests every so often).
So I'm just going to go ahead and talk about everything I love, no matter how "off topic" it might be. Like, whatever. Read the ones you want and ignore the others. Or read every single one and complain about the ones that don't interest you. Or even go ahead and ignore them all. Most of my interests fall under a very general umbrella of "stories," so you've got that. Hopefully, now that I've bought myself an actual camera (as opposed to my video camera, which I also love dearly), I'll be inspired to take pictures and use them/ talk about them in posts.
We'll see how this goes.
<3 Becky
well, me hopes you actually keep it up this time! xD (You've inspire moi to start blogging again!!! <3) Let's say cheers for a (hopefully) long life of blogging!!!
ReplyDelete